- NAR Research: Student Loan Debt Makes Home Buying Difficultby kerrys on October 18, 2021 at 10:10 am
How much does student-loan debt impact buyers? A three-year NAR study calls for reform, noting that millennials are “drowning in student loan debt.”
- Fannie Mae Changes Homeowner Education Requirementsby kerrys on October 18, 2021 at 9:10 am
Starting in 2022, homeowners with an affordable loan backed by Fannie Mae can fulfill the education requirement using a qualified third-party vendor.
- Another Reason to Move to Fla.? Home Heating Pricesby kerrys on October 18, 2021 at 9:10 am
The usual move-to-Fla. reasons – sun, beaches and no income tax – omit one item: home-heating costs. A harsh NE winter this year could push natural gas prices 50% higher.
- FHA- and VA-Loan Buyers Struggle to Compete for Homesby kerrys on October 18, 2021 at 9:10 am
FHA, VA and other government-backed loans are often favored by first-time and low-income buyers. But in bidding wars, cash offers or conventional financing seem less problematic to sellers. As a result, low-income buyers face yet another hurdle if they hope to become owners.
- New-Home Builders Doing Great Despite Challengesby kerrys on October 18, 2021 at 9:10 am
The Oct. builder sentiment index rose 4 points higher to 80. Any 50-plus score indicates optimism, so today’s hot market still overshadows supply-chain worries.