- Loans for Condos? New Rules Start to Have an Effectby kerrys on January 24, 2022 at 10:01 am
Fannie’s tighter loan requirements post-Surfside collapse started Jan. 1; Freddie’s start Feb. 28. In the meantime, the list of no-loan condo projects will likely keep growing.
- Study: More Minority Fla. Buyers Denied Loansby kerrys on January 24, 2022 at 10:01 am
Of all Fla. mortgage rejections in 2020, 21.8% were Black, second only to American Indian/Alaska Native. Nationwide, the denial rate is 84% higher for Blacks.
- The IRS Wants (Requires) Your Photo?by kerrys on January 24, 2022 at 9:01 am
Americans won’t need identification for basic tax services via the IRS website, but for some functions, such as a childcare tax credit, they must register with ID.me.
- New Construction? S. Fla. Is Almost Out of Landby kerrys on January 24, 2022 at 9:01 am
A South Florida Sun Sentinel study found that less than 1% of vacant land can be developed in Broward and Palm Beach counties – mainly scattered individual lots.
- Number of Homes a Buyer Views Hits Record Lowby kerrys on January 24, 2022 at 9:01 am
In 2021, the average homebuyer viewed a median of eight homes before making an offer – and three of those showings were done virtually online.