- NAR Clarifies New Code of Ethics Rule During Webinarby kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 10:12 am
In the first of six training webinars, NAR speakers answered questions about a new Code of Ethics Rule, effective Nov. 13, that bans “harassing speech, hate speech, epithets or slurs” against protected classes. Must a Realtor, for example, no longer oppose same-sex marriages?
- SBA Releases Names of Fla. Companies with PPP Loansby kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 10:12 am
A searchable database contains partial information on 42K Fla. company names that received more than $150K – but no business names for smaller loans.
- NAR: Realtor Assoc. Donations Doubled During Pandemicby kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 am
92% of broker-owners made donations in 2020, up from 81% in 2018 – and in addition to money, volunteerism also increased, NAR says.
- RE Q&A: How Can I Get Ex’s Name Off Deed?by kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 am
The divorce agreement called for an ex-husband to deed the family home over to his ex-wife – but he didn’t. How can this be fixed if she can’t track him down?
- Pandemic Fears Fuel New Appliance Optionsby kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 am
Appliance manufacturers are pushing refrigerators with sterilizing ultraviolet lights and germ-killing washing machines during the pandemic.
- Lumber Tariff Cut Could Help Buyers of New Homesby kerrys on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 am
The Commerce Dept. lowered the tariff from 20% to 9%. Higher lumber prices aren’t caused exclusively by tariffs, but lumber prices for a new home are up $10K-$15K.
- Mortgage Rates Drop to 2020’s 14th Record Low: 2.71%by marlam on December 3, 2020 at 9:12 am
It’s only a slight drop from last week’s 2.72%, but it’s enough to break another record. One year ago, the rate for a 30-year mortgage loan averaged 3.68%.
- 25 and Ready to Buy? We’ll See with Gen Zby marlam on December 3, 2020 at 9:12 am
Florida Realtors economist: Gen Z (oldest members turn 25 this year) faces unique obstacles with a pandemic marking their entrance into adulthood. Here’s what we know right now about their homeownership potential.
- RE Q&A: Why Push Owners to Obtain Proof of Insurance?by marlam on December 3, 2020 at 9:12 am
Also: Fla. law gives unit owners more power to upgrade to hurricane standards – but a condo complex can’t have an array of different windows. How does that work?
- Investors Vying for Build-to-Rent Single-Family Homesby marlam on December 3, 2020 at 9:12 am
A pandemic-inspired push from cities to suburbs has sparked interest from investors who see profit in buying build-to-rent homes to lease to those urban relocators.