- NAR Counters Proposal Limiting 1031-Exchanges to $500Kby kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 10:05 am
Under Pres. Biden’s proposal, 1031 like-kind exchanges only defer $500K from taxation. NAR says not to panic, though. There’s time before any decisions are made.
- Experts: COVID-19 Sufferers Can Develop Psychotic Symptomsby kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 9:05 am
Reach out if a friend or relative acts differently – some healthy adults are having unhealthy reactions to the pandemic. Suicide prevention: (800) 273-TALK, day or night.
- NAR, Economists, See Bright Path for Commercial REby kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 9:05 am
Economists predicted commercial real estate’s future at NAR meeting. The office market still has a wild card, but they’re generally bullish about the overall industry.
- FHFA May Create New Lending Rules for ‘Condotels’by kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 9:05 am
If a development has a large number of short-term rentals – individually owned units or single-family homes rented out similar to a hotel’s operations (condotel) – what unique lending standards for home sales should apply? FHFA opened a comment period that runs through July 5.
- In Mortgage Forbearance? Here’s What You Need to Knowby kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 9:05 am
After forbearance, owners can pick up where they left off, but the return process can be complicated. Both South and Central Fla. have a large number of these owners.
- Big RE Question: Will Workers Return to Offices?by kerrys on May 10, 2021 at 9:05 am
Future demand for both the residential and commercial markets is based, in part, on the number of workers who commute again – but their numbers remain low so far.
- Fla. Crowdfunding Firm Pleads Guilty to Fraudby kerrys on May 7, 2021 at 9:05 am
The newest type of real estate investing still carries risk: A Jacksonville crowdfunding firm owner pleaded guilty to mail fraud when some projects didn’t fully fund.
- Buyers Want a Custom Home? It May Take 18 Monthsby kerrys on May 7, 2021 at 9:05 am
There are pros and cons to buying a new vs. existing home, but it’s taking a longer time to complete a new one – about four months more than it did two years ago.
- The Nation’s Realtor Members Become More Diverseby kerrys on May 7, 2021 at 9:05 am
In 2001, 10% of Realtors were nonwhite; in 2020, that number rose to 24%, according to a study on career choice released by NAR. However, whites had the highest median number of transactions (7) compared to Blacks and Asians (2), Hispanics (3) and LGBTQ+ members (5).
- Owner Tests Appraisers, Finds Higher Value if Whiteby kerrys on May 7, 2021 at 9:05 am
After two appraisals, a Black owner removed ethnic art, asked a white male to act as her rep, and added $100K to her appraisal. “Comps” choices may have played a role.